View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mts View Post
Thanks for the nice comments on the lift and the garage. Actually my garage at my old house makes this one look like a bit of a turd (at least in functionality), but this house is better and this garage is still pretty darn enjoyable. I'm lucky to have it.

As far as lifts go, I did a TON of research before buying and I have owned two different ones. At my old garage, which had 15ft ceilings, I had Rotary SPOA10 2-post asymmetrical lift with a 10,000lb capacity. Very nice lift. It had a minimum clearance of 11'4" though and this garage has 11 ft ceilings so I couldn't bring it with me. I really liked that lift.

This one is a Bend Pak XPR-9, 9,000lb capacity. It is a floor plate lift and I had to go that way with the lower ceilings in this place.

The Bend Pak is a bit beefier lift than the Rotary but both are excellent. There are other brands out there that are less expensive, but you get what you pay for and I didn't want to skimp when it came to having 3,000+ lb vehicles over my head.

If you can avoid a floor plate lift, do. The work just fine, but are more of a pain on clean up and more of a pain to install and use as a parking spot (vs. the asymmetrical ones which allow the car doors to open more fully).

Happy to provide any help I can if you are looking to buy soon.
Great! Thanks for the information and feedback. I'll need to take some measurements in my garage, and look for a few good spa packages for Mrs.GaleForce, then I should be ready for the lift.