View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
DLSTR
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 21Supra 2.0/22 M240i
DLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhcoss View Post
I don't think anyone is scared of speed or putting it down. You tout driver skill and attentiveness/responsibility. Well using cruise control at those high rates of speeds is the exact opposite of that. I Agree with others, 100 is nothing for this car but its better to do it without cruise control because you have more control as the driver that way.
So I engage the cruise control and turn off my brain and forget where the brake pedal is. Really?? My hands are also still on the wheel as well. Its about as unsafe as not using it is.
Cruise control saves driver fatigue as well. That also matters. Maintaining speed with your foot or cruise control is the same thing. Cruise control in my GTI here engages at all speeds. Clearly the Germans think otherwise on the issue and rightfully so.
DLSTR is offline   Reply With Quote