View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 12:51 PM   #84 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Since the last time I noticed and posted in this thread, I took it one step further. Removed the Yaw Sensor from under the center console. Now I don't have to remember to push the button to kill VDC. Added bonus: even with the button off, the car still does a little traction management via ABLS (tapping the brakes on one rear wheel to assist the VLSD's poor excuse for LSD). Killing the Yaw Sensor supposedly disables that as well.

Could be all in my head, but I feel like my corner exits really improved right about the same time I killed that sensor. I suspect it's just hard to get really smooth at rear traction control (manually) with those little ABLS taps happening randomly and unpredictably. I never felt them directly enough to know exactly when it was happening for sure, though.

Obviously, removing the sensor is one of those things nobody will recommend for liability reasons or whatever, but if you're tracking the car, I'd recommend trying it.