View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Forgive my ignorance, but what the heck does "tuner friendly" suppose mean? I mean, by most tuners definition, a silly looking Civic is considered the most tuner friendly car. I think the whole gripe here is money. The Z is expensive to mod. By the way, I've heard a few Evo owners who have come to realize that Mitsubishi isn't too forgiving when it comes to aftermarket upgrades and warranty work..

I'm honestly trying to keep an open mind, but I just don't understand this thread. Maybe I'm misreading it? The Z is on par or better with the Evo, Sti and leaps ahead of BRZ/FRS in terms of performance in stock form. Modified, it's about how much money you have in your bank account. As you pointed out with the BRZ/FRS, it's not about hp numbers. So how about track times? If you actually did some home work, you'd see that it's on Par with the Evo & Sti.....and knocks the BRZ/FRS off the track. The only limitation I see is how much you're willing to spend to make it the car you want it to be.

As a side note. You'll likely spend the same amount to get a BRZ/FRS to the same level of performance as a new Z.

Last edited by Cmike2780; 04-22-2013 at 12:17 PM.