View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #50 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

ok so i realized that i've neglected this thread and have done a lot since i started it lol

i added a set of Akuma intakes last fall. i have set #2 which is pretty cool since set #1 is on their test car. barely got to drive it with them added since winter came along and i put my car away.

the first weekend in march i took my car down to AAM in MD to get tuned. prior to that i took some time that week and installed a 34 row oil cooler as well. anyways with never doing a stock baseline.....or any dyno run ever it is hard to tell what i've gained HP wise to date. the baseline with my intakes and exhaust (only power mods) was 309WHP. not bad considering the avg base WHP of a 370z is about 275WHP. about a 35WHP gain from just intakes and exhaust? i'll take it lol post tune though it jumped to 324WHP which pleased me even since my goal was to see 320. i will admit i was going to do naked cartwheels in their parking lot if it cracked 330WHP lol regardless 324WHP and 258WTQ isnt bad for just having intakes, exhaust, and a tune.

the next day i met up with the MAZOC guys and a few of us ended up going to a drag strip. i didnt know what to expect ET wise since it was a track i never been to and just had my car tuned. first run and i beat my personal best of 13.01 with a 12.899 @ 110.74. which i then backed up with a 12.900 @ 107. not a bad time at all for stock half bald tires as well. i have been kicking around the idea of going with a set of 18" wheels and 305 or 345 rears of drag radials soon but not sure if they would be worth the money.

summer plans for the Z are carlisle and zdayz here in the first couple weeks of may with lots of drag racing sprinkled in when i can. planning on doing the import faceoff drags when they come to pittsburgh in late june.

Mod wise i think i'm done modding the Z and just gonna enjoy it until i can financially make the move to a GTR.

but there is a secret mod i am trying to work on but nothing solid yet.
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote