View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 08:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
edeeZee
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z plat 6 speed
edeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly speaking, the Vette is a better bet overall, for the prices you mentioned. It's got about 100 HP more, more torque, straight-line acceleration etc. But I don't know about the handling part...and don't really care.

Here's the downside of the Vette, in my honest opinion: styling looks generic relative to 370, it's too simplistic and retains the fundamental silhouette of early 80's Vette-->bland styling: long nose, hatchback. It's not voluptuous as a 370. I'm sorry, but the C6 looks "cheapy" for a $50K+ car. It may be a good value, but ironically the poor "fit & finish" defeats that.

The Vette is a step up from the Z-car. But it's not a fair comparison because Vettes are $50K+ cars, and Z's are $30K+ cars--a $20K disparity.

I speak from experience, I used to work at Penske Chevrolet/Cadillac as a salesman and drove Vettes around on test drives. Very torquey b/c of the LS-1/6 motors.

But if you can get a C6 Vette at that price, I reluctantly say it's the obvious choice.