View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #59 (permalink)
G37sHKS
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 G37S Coupe 7AT
G37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0velMan View Post
lol, from this statement I can tell that one or two things must be true of you:

1) You don't race.
2) You don't know enough about tuning to have any desire to do it yourself.
3) You aren't a "Do it yourself" kind of person.

All of these things are fine, but that's why you don't understand the "hate", as you put it.

Someone like me being told I must take my car to someone else in order to get my tune adjusted rubs me in the wrong way at every level. No one touches my car but me, with a few exceptions (welding, for example). Also, being at someone else's mercy as far as what I do with the tune? Yeah, not going to happen. The first time a "tuner" told me "No, I'm not going to do that in your tune, I know better than you, you'll just have to trust me" I knew I had to have my own cable and software.

Anyway, no hate towards ECUTek, just hope they decide to make their software available to the private individual.
3 of them are correct,

I dont race, Im not a DIY guy, and I dont know anything about tuning.
I just do my own oil change and change brake parts and thats it.

Any problem for not being one of those 3?