View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #58 (permalink)
Mitco39
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370z
Mitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37sHKS View Post
I don't understand why the hate about none end user tune..

Just FYI, dealers of ECUTEK means they are professionals... So when you go to ECUTEK you will know that your car is being tuned by a pro tuner that will put a smile on your face.
I was told that its not easy to be ECUTEK dealer, which made me more excited about it.

There are many of us who like to be able to have access to the tunes in our vehicles. The fact that there is no end user support locks you into a tuner and if you change your vehicle you must go back to the tuner to get changes (say even minor things like wheel size changes).

ECUTEK can not possibly control everyone they certify, what does certifying entitle? They bring all the possible dealers into a classroom setting and pour over the material? Even if that is done there is nothing stopping each dealer from becoming complacent with their tuning and not giving your car the best tunes that it can run.

If it is locked then us customers will have no other option but to smile and nod our heads and go on our way with it.

Its like buying a CD where you have to listen to the whole thing without skipping tracks over and over, if its locked in such a way that that is not possible you are kind of getting what you want, but say you get sick of one part or want to change it (again lets say your speedo) you have to pay $$ and set time aside to get this done.

Maybe a shitty analogy but its the first thing that came to mind. I would be ok with locked tunes from dealers, as long as the customer has the ability to see the stock tune and make changes. I do know the work that goes behind making a tune and keeping it locked to that particular dealer is the way to go. But the customer must be able to get something tangible for the price they are going to pay to be able to put this system on their vehicles.

I am also in the custom tuning business and the company I work with is setup very much in this way. Works well, allows customers to play with the system, yet get tunes from reputable tuners.
My Build --> http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...39s-build.html
Mitco39 is offline   Reply With Quote