View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #62 (permalink)
MC

Drives: 2015 GTR NISMO
MC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvl View Post
$65/qt transmission fluid is not an over-rated concern. Things like that
are quite to point. Even DIY, spending 600-700 for a 18K service on your specialized tranny has very little precedence outside of the Ferrari world.

The GTR is a fantastic performance vehicle but it comes with way above average maintenance costs if you are *accustomed* to the lower maintenance costs of typical japanese cars vs. Euro counterparts.

A 50K GTR is still a GTR: it doesn't become less expensive to own, just to acquire I do like the lines of them, and the simple bolt on equation is tempting to the street racing crowd. Personally 300 HP is hard to use on the street, let alone 700 HP. As long as they drive safe I could care less what you drive as long as you enjoy it.

- b

transmission fluid changes are 36K miles now if kept under 240 degrees. Most dont let it go that long but even still that $800 you are gonna spend is few and far between. I had it done once on my 09 in 2.5 years of ownership and with 6K miles on the 12 i doubt i will ever see it done before i move to a 15. even if you are keeping the car long term its not a yearly cost

Actual real world normal GTR maintenance in a typical calendar year includes 1-2 oil changes and maybe a set of front tires depending on how you drive thats it.

I just got 6 quarts of 0/40 mobil 1 from walmart for $40 then bought an unnecessary expensive NISMO oil filter for $20 and paid the local Q lube up the street $35 to change the oil as its so simple and much easier from them to do it with a drive over pit then take it to the dealer and wait an hour from them to have a open lift. I was all in at $95. you guys that use that optional ester oil or whatever nissan has available for the Z are spending probably that much

im not going to argue the point on tires. It eats the fronts. Mine are made 1000 times worse as I do a lot of autocross and sliding around a parking lot in a 3800 lb AWD car is the worst thing known to man for GTR tires

This is my 2nd set of fronts with 6K total miles on the car lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img20130303123018738.jpg (291.3 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by MC; 04-17-2013 at 02:20 PM.
MC is offline   Reply With Quote