View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #54 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamu View Post
Won't find any quotes on torque steer for 370Z.

I will say that almost every review I have read on the Ford talks about torque steer issue and the crappy electric systems in place to try to counter issue. No selective editing on my part. Then all typical quality issues that go with this low quality but cheap American brand.

Don't worry I wouldn't expect someone who owns a Ford to understand. I'd create a fantasy world too if I owned a Ford to justify my purchase. Ah yes best handling fastest and high quality sedan ever!

I guess I could wait a year or two and pick one up for $12k after this Focus Boi racers resale value collapses on itself.

You're a funny guy, Grant.

First of all, I don't think I said anything denying the torque steer. Is it there? Absolutely. You can feel the computer try to compensate, but it can only do so much. But, it's not my car, so I don't really care.

With any car you can find plenty of good and bad comments from reviewers... often in the same review. If I cared enough, I could search for plenty of praise of the ST.

Low quality? Everything inside the ST feels pretty nice to me. For cars in its price range it's got to be among the better quality cars around as far as interior materials are concerned. It's well done. Doesn't feel econobox at all.

Fantasy world? Hardly. I don't own a Ford. I drive one occasionally and happen to think it's a fun, well built car. Would I personally buy an ST? No. I'm not into FWD hatches, or sporty FWD cars in general. But I do understand the appeal of cars like the MS3, ST, GTI, etc. They are convenient, sporty, and fun all rolled into one and work just fine for many people.

Keep trollin', man. You do a good job.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote