View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #1697 (permalink)
LunaZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Project: a white one
LunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
Just wanted to let you guys know I'm pretty sure I figured out the problem I was having (for the most part). My camera has three different options for metering, and I had it set on Matrix Meter, I set it on the next one Dow which I can't remember the name, but I think it was Center-Weighted Meter, and it had no problem focusing after that.

I still haven't fully understood what metering is or what it does, but I've also been too lazy to research it lately lol.

Sent from my iPizzle using magic and new-fangled science stuff
In a nutshell, "metering" is measuring how much light is available in the shot you're seeing through the view finder, which then determines how you should set your shutter speed, aperture and ISO relative to each other to achieve a proper exposure.
The different metering modes tell the camera where to measure the light to guide you to correct exposure. For example you might want to consider the whole frame or just one single spot in the view finder. In the case of of center-weighted metering modes, you're giving priority to the center area of the view finder while still taking the outer edges into consideration.

2009 370Z Sport/Touring/Navigation | see my journal for mods
facebook: Be my friend... or not.
LunaZ is offline   Reply With Quote