View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #97 (permalink)
ZMan8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 10 370z 40th M6
ZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLAW View Post
My background is I.T Engineering! and I look and feel and research everything to death!

I can't get out of my head as to why NISSAN was about to get the NISMO and IPL to 350HP 348HP with just high flow CBH and tune.

The intakes did not change!

NISSAN has pulled everything they can out of the 3.7L setup! so why on earth do we think an aftermarket business like Stillen or Injen knows best and is able to make more HP then OEM???

If that is the casey why does NISSAN pay there engineers 100 per hour to get as much HP as they car? why not just build a setup like Injen or Stillen?

I understand you want that add HP at 6500K but at WOT with OEM I don't feel anything more or less with the Injen setup just that the Injen and Stillen are louder!!

I took apart my whole intake setup and after looking at it, it's very good design.

So why is the aftermarket setups making more HP or seem to be?

I will be getting my car dyno at Z-days to see my WHP with stock intakes and F.I CBE with tune.
The thing is, I have seen several independent dyno graphs where long tube intakes made power across the entire power band (most of which is higher up like you mentioned, but still making 4-8 whp in the low end) When people do cbe plus lth/tp/hfc, yes the argument can be made that intakes are not needed because they will provide only small gains at that point. By themselves though, I would think adding 20 whp up top, and about 4-8 everywhere else is not too bad.

Also, Your argument is people are wasting money on something that doesn't help the car or hurts it's performance.... To be honest, isn't that what you did by buying an IPL? it's performance advantages are slim over the standard G37 but yet it costs $10,000 more.