View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #71 (permalink)
elperuano
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: G37S
elperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond reputeelperuano has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
You're making this out to be very complicated. I've had 2 evo's and a DSM. I know how launch control works.

What I still don't get is how this device is holding the car back? The stock converter is constantly holding the motor back if your feet are on the brakes. Not the launch control. The stock converter is what sets your RPM, nothing more, nothing less. Outside of throttle input. I say launch control does absolutely NOTHING for an automatic.

Also, how many of you have ever heard of a drag car using traction control? This really makes no sense. Get better tires if you are having problems.

This device is more directly related for a manual tranny when it comes to launching.

Gotta agree here. If ur havin traction problems then ur suspension n tires need to be looked at first.

While its a gear product, for that price I'll look into other areas before goin this route. I want to plant ALL my power to the ground. This device cuts power to the wheels to keep traction. I didnt get 540hp to not use it all.

Not knockin the product at all, personally for me would prolly be a last resort.
elperuano is offline   Reply With Quote