View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #39 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
You guys need to be careful... if you want to buy aero parts you really need to be buying stuff that's been designed/tested with the appropriate computer models and proven in wind tunnels. It's very easy to design some aero bit that should work in theory, but might end up just screwing everything up. And as you know, any aero piece that's been through that kind of design and testing process is going to be big money.

I'd be interested to see if those kind of diffusers offer any real benefit on cars that don't have a fully sculpted under tray.
I completely agree with you sir. The thing is though that the diffuser is the one thing that wont create lift and helps tidy up the air flow out the rear of the car. Faster flow there = lower pressure = downforce + Stability. Rear wing and front wing are different stories. You also have to differentiate between spoilers, splitters, diffusers and wings. I would buy a splitter, diffuser and a spoiler from a normal vendor, but not a rear or a front wing. Uneven, untested downforce = ftl