View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #68 (permalink)
BigT
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 98 2g DSM
BigT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
lol.

You want to be right at your stall speed (I goofed on my last post) so that you load up your drive train and nothing less. Try as you might to do it manually your RPM will fluctuate and not be smooth, not to mention you will spend more time looking at your RPM than watching the tree (assuming were on a drag strip). You want to push your car as hard as your brakes will allow, depending on the tightness and characteristics of the car (IE traction) this might be.

I dont know about your car, but a stock 370z will have no issues spinning the tires while getting ready to launch in 1st gear, you might want to check that out if your car cannot do that. Im sure everyone has done a brake stand at some point.

Where it really comes in handy is with the AWD cars, Then you can use all 4 tires to hold back the car and really load it up. Rearwheel your limited.

You're making this out to be very complicated. I've had 2 evo's and a DSM. I know how launch control works.

What I still don't get is how this device is holding the car back? The stock converter is constantly holding the motor back if your feet are on the brakes. Not the launch control. The stock converter is what sets your RPM, nothing more, nothing less. Outside of throttle input. I say launch control does absolutely NOTHING for an automatic.

Also, how many of you have ever heard of a drag car using traction control? This really makes no sense. Get better tires if you are having problems.

This device is more directly related for a manual tranny when it comes to launching.
BigT is offline   Reply With Quote