View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 07:43 PM   #56 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

I havent read the whole thread and I don't want to be influenced by anyone else's opinion. I think this is a pretty silly question. Completely different cars. If you want a completely focused and uncompromising driving experience that will not be your daily driver, then get the Exige. Sorry folks, I love my Z, but its a heavy ax compared to the medically precise Lotus. On the other hand, if you don't have at least a porsche cayanne as your daily, then chances are the lotus is out of the question. (figuratively speaking for those of you that "dont get it") It is a track toy. If you don't need a track toy then this isn't a choice. If you can't run -3 camber at least all around on R-comps constantly on the car or if you need AC (regardless of whether it has it or not) at any point when driving the car, then get the z.

As far as performance...Stock for stock I'd put my money on the exige. Which car would I rather drive around the track modded? The exige. Which car would I have if I had a second car? The exige. Which car is better for me? The Z. Its more practical and much more of a daily driver than the Lotus. The Z is also a lot more fun to drive around the city. You can't use the finesse of the exige on normal roads and the straight line acceleration isnt exactly mind blowing.

If you are interested in the driving excitement, but you need the practicality and day-to-day of the Z, then get the Z and get a Kart for the weekends. Then mod the Z and enjoy it. I think that's what I'm gonna be doing sooner than later instead of pretending my Z is a race car.
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote