View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
scruffydog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with his eyes close
scruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGTV8 View Post
I have machined the top's off my OEM shank-style lug-nuts .... and not bothered about lock-nut capability ....

If you want to use lock-nuts on the OEM wheels, then you should be able to use these:

Locking Nuts & Bolts

and check out "Open-End Mag Star Wheel Lock Set"

Your issue may well be with the washer size, but your local engineering bolt and nut/fasterner supplier can provide washers of the correct size (you will require "hardened" washers)

RB
Do you happen to know off the top the proper Washer size I need to replace it with? Do they sell them off the shelf? I'm on the Mcmaster carr website right now.

You happen to know the difference between a "CLAMP SHELL" vs "BULK PACKING"? I'm confused which P/N I should order.

DEpoint, I sent you a PM again for lugs. Thanks!