Thread: 2014 chevy ss
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Chevy's first V8 4 door sport sedan in over 17 years. It's amazing how chevy keeps coming through with affordable performance, over and over again, over the last two years. Fun to drive, efficient, nicely styled, quality american cars. They keep getting overlooked, but Chevy has always been, somewhat of a sleeper brand as was the old pontiac.

Chevy SS Sports Sedan: An All-New Performance Sedan | Chevrolet
That's because they stuck with a simple, rewarding formula: V8, large displacement for block size, cam-in-block designs.

My 427ci Z06 still got way better mileage than my 370Z gets. 500+ hp, too, out of an engine that weighs only around 450# intake to pan. Take a look at the G8, and other cars that use the LS series, and you will find them very heavy on power and light on gas. Ford screwed up until the Coyote came out in 2011YM cars. Noone else was even close, with LS1 late 90's vehicles mopping the floor with anything under $60K MSRP until here just recently.

Now GM has figured out competent suspensions, as well, and is setting 'Ring lap records, etc.

Recently evidenced, they are beginning to understand that people occupy the INSIDE of a vehicle!

Say what you want, but I own part of GM as an American Tax Payer, and whether I ever own another one or not, I damn well want them to succeed and make money hand over fist---because I paid into that company, and I want them to feed the economy and not squander it!

Last edited by ImportConvert; 03-27-2013 at 12:10 PM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote