View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 05:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Division
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z Sport
Division is on a distinguished road

I didn't have a chance to test the connections, but from what I can gather (on the base model at least) there is only one pair of wires coming off the head unit. Both the tweeter and the woofer get the same signal. The tweeter has a built in crossover (you can see the capacitor in the above image...) to process the appropriate frequencies. I don't recall if the woofer has a LPF on it or not.

I'm assuming you're using an amp with those speakers? They'll take up to 110 Watts RMS, which was WAY more than the stock HU can put (dream of putting) out. If that's the case (as kenchan said), you can mount the x-overs in the kick panels and easily fish the wire up to the tweeter location (you'll need to make mounting brackets - or trash the stock cages) and through the door- you can use the stock wires for the door- although it's not that difficult to get the wire through the door harness (provided you know how to take the door connector off.) If you're interested in going down this path - let me know I'll share some pictures form my install.
Division is offline   Reply With Quote