View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
wdkwang
Track Member

Drives: slidewayz
wdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Touring model USB port is messed up?!?!

I've always had my iPhone plugged into its USB cable that I leave plugged in 24/7 into the center console, then leave my phone in the cupholder while I drive.
This past 2 weeks, it's been very screwy with it constantly connecting and disconnecting. I already did my share of googling of resolving the issue and I've already determined that it's the car, not the phone. The connection is bad and is not getting the required voltage to the phone. There's nothing wrong with my battery or voltage according to the gauge. I noticed if I hold the USB plug in very firmly, it won't have that problem but I'm not going to ghetto-rig fix it with tape, especially for the price of this car.
What I want to know is if there is anyone else that has encountered this issue and fixed it themselves? I'm reluctant to taking it to the stealership and having them carelessly rip apart my console and leaving more dents and scratches then they already have in the past.
Powerhouse Amuse | K&N Typhoon Intakes | MotorDyne ART Pipes | Borla Catback Exhaust | B&M Short Shifter | Intake Ducts | Ichiba 25mm F/R Spacers | Carbon Fiber Interior Vinyl Wrap | Tints | 10000k HIDs | Vtak, yo!
wdkwang is offline   Reply With Quote