View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Alstann
Track Member

Drives: 12 PW 370z 6MT Sport
Alstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Firehawk View Post
GTM is making a v8 swap kit (or w/e they wanna call it). Oh the badassery. Going for a stroker kit will be cool and all, but if you plan on doing FI later, compression would be lower than a NA stroker. But I agree with the others that a good FI kit is a better purchase. You can remove that and sell it, increase power with a touch of a button, it's cheaper, and faster to install and go.
You have no idea how badly I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on ordering a kit. Considering the compression, I know guys that build them drop the compression, and I was thinking about 9:1 or even 10:1. Of course, it's all speculation, I'd have to talk to GTM or someone with experience about it.

Bet you can't wait for the twin SC, by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tower74 View Post
I'm doing almost the same thing. I've talked with GTM about their 4.2L upgrade. I was told to avoid the 4.5L due to what they have to do to the engine and could be a pain...meaning it's really for tracking and not DD. I'm going to buy the whole engine including the block. That way I have a back up engine and they run about 16k for the whole engine but it's rated for up to 800hp. Oh choices.....when your done pulling your hair deciding which way to go let us know and good luck with your build!!
Hmm, interesting. I wish I could swallow the cost for a long block, haha. I'll be calling them hopefully tomorrow if time permits, and get some more concrete information. 800whp is auch a nice number. ^^ Go big or go home, right?

Thanks for the support, by the way!
---

If I had a shop build my car, I would probably also at that time have a clutch / flywheel installed too, so that's about another grand in parts. Hopefully I'll be able to follow through with all this, I really want to get this build started!