Thread: SES after G3
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #42 (permalink)
Markar97
Base Member

Drives: 370Z/T/S/Nav/6sp/Red
Markar97 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkar97 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkar97 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkar97 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkar97 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkar97 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkar97 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkar97 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkar97 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkar97 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkar97 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshirecat View Post
1. Will a tune fix the P2A00 code?
2. For the short term, should I be concerned that the P2A00 is the cause of the light (i.e: any engine damage concern due to the A/F mixture being beyond the cars allowable limits)?
3. If a tune is a recommendation, can any reputable shop do it? I don't have an UPREV tuner in area which is one I have seen folks refer to.
thanks in advance...
The tune itself will not fix the code, but it can be set to automatically clear.

I wouldn't be concerned with the A/F ratio. If you had headers in addition to the exhaust and intake, you'd be getting into "I better get a tune soon" territory.

I would call around to different shops to see if they have any experience with the Z. You can also ask around in your regional forum.[/QUOTE]

Thanks - seems weird that I only get the code on Bank 1 (passenger side) and not driver's side. Just makes me concerned that there is something wrong, but if there is, it is definitely not obvious (car runs great). Suppose I could check the exhaust manifold to cat. joint, just not an easy one to get to. Will also check with some local performance shops / and the regional forum.
Markar97 is offline   Reply With Quote