View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 12:24 AM   #19 (permalink)
forza370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 NISMO 370Z
forza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
If you are talking about the RE-050A, dismounting them and then switching the tires side to side (i.e. the left tire is now on the right side) , this is a very bad idea. Performance tires, including this one, have an "inside" and "outside". By swapping them side to side, even if you un-mount and remount to keep the same rotational direction, you now have both tires running "inside-out" and you will have handling issues.

Enough of that -- good luck!!!

It reminds me of my Dad chastising me when I was rebuilding my first Datsun head (a 510) and I was trying to save a few bucks by reusing a gasket or two. "False economy" he called it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpolak View Post
Not ALL performance tires, but yes, the stock Bridgestones do. Something like the Dunlop Direzzas are symmetrical and can be swapped left-right. But you have to actually change the tire and not just rotate the wheels since they're still directional.
Correct. If the tire has asymmetric tread, switch them left to right is an bad idea. And yes, the RE-050A has asymmetric tread as well as my old Yokohama ADVAN Sport tires. But not all the performence tires are asymmetric. Hankook v12 and Falken FK452 as examples. So check the tire spec before doing the tire rotation.
forza370z is offline   Reply With Quote