View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 10:34 PM   #2012 (permalink)
kdo2milger
OG Priesthood

Drives: NISMO T
kdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBMW View Post
It certainly is loud and the good thing is Tony did warn us that it would be LOUD. As i have said before, at first i was like WTF, this is REAL LOUD. It has grown on me and brings a smile to my face every time i drive it now.

You can and personally I have done so, is to drive around the louder parts of the Rev range if just driving around in general. Also i would like to point out is that in those Videos above, is that you cant call that normal/easy driving LOL.

I'm going to having a longish drive on the Highway (2hrs) tomorrow and will see how the RTP's are affected. Although my daily commute is a 19km Highway drive which does include some constant inclines. As you stated it is loudest in that 2-3k band. This is ONLY when under load though. Another thing i have found is that when i use Cruise Control (our H/W speeds are 100km/h) it feels quieter than when i try and modulate the throttle.

Could it be possible that the US spec might have less sound deadening the us in Australia. I agree that it does get quite loud in the RPM/Speed band you mention, but not to the point where it completely overcomes the Radio/CD etc.. I believe i have quite good hearing and can pick very subtle differences in tone/volume etc..

I am very surprised about your comments saying the 370Z is louder than your Non Catted Stang. The VE Commodores (LS3 Engines) that i know run 2.5-3" straight through exhausts (like my RTP's) make me sound like a mouse LOL. Just the other day on the H/W sitting at 110km/h a V8 Commowhore (joke name over here LOL) was sitting next to me. No racing what so ever and i honestly could barely hear me over his exhaust.

The sound is AWESOME. I remember in another thread somewhere around here, someone looking at doing the Boot's floor etc. So take out the rear carpet, spare wheel etc, etc and use something like Dynamat. This should dramatically cut down the sound issues i believe. When driving myself, i have noticed that this is the area that causes the most grief.

SRY for long post.
:Burp: