Thread: SES after G3
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #41 (permalink)
cheshirecat
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N54 135i
cheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond repute

1. Will a tune fix the P2A00 code?
2. For the short term, should I be concerned that the P2A00 is the cause of the light (i.e: any engine damage concern due to the A/F mixture being beyond the cars allowable limits)?
3. If a tune is a recommendation, can any reputable shop do it? I don't have an UPREV tuner in area which is one I have seen folks refer to.
thanks in advance...[/QUOTE]

The tune itself will not fix the code, but it can be set to automatically clear.

I wouldn't be concerned with the A/F ratio. If you had headers in addition to the exhaust and intake, you'd be getting into "I better get a tune soon" territory.

I would call around to different shops to see if they have any experience with the Z. You can also ask around in your regional forum.
cheshirecat is offline   Reply With Quote