View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 11:12 PM   #2374 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKindaGuise View Post
Did I ever specify that I was talking 100% about those EXACT tires? Pretty sure I didn't. I also already said the tires were ****. I still say Stretch is good. The specs listed certainly are on the other side of "good stretch".

And no smart *** I wouldn't track on that stretch or those tires but thanks for the sweet tip bro.
Quote:
Keep in mind there is a very fine line between proper stretch and over stretching. But that GT3 IS doing it right.
^--You said it, right there--^

I was talking about the Porsche in the photo, AS IT STANDS. When you say it's doing it right, I'm not going to assume it's any different than all of the information that we know right now, which is that he apparently gives no f-cks about grip on his show wheels. You cant defend a car based off of nothing more than it was made by some group called TeamElite - you need to say, "Oh, yeah, those tires blow ***! They have some super sick 18" wheels with Toyo R-Comps hidden for their time attacks!" Until then, it's a 650 HP Porsche (assuming he's even got it F/I now, considering in your own write-up back in September, he was still N/A) with crappy tires that have a contact patch smaller than the 370Z's sport package rears.

Changing a tire from the "optimal" for a wheel of one size isn't going to handle much different on a wheel that is a whole 0.5" wider. I wouldn't even define that as "stretched".