View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 10:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

As Bob Dylan said:
"The times they are a changin'" (for the best):

( Click to show/hide )
About a week or two later, I get a call saying that I’m getting $27k and change AFTER my $1000 decutible!!!
SWEEEEEEEETTTTTT!!!

Choosing the next car:
( Click to show/hide )
What to buy now?!?!?! Buy another Maxima? Buy my Supra? Buy a bitchin’ DeLorean? Lexus GS350, or 450h? Or buy another ISF? (Me and my brother thought another would be ridiculous, but we agreed that we’d get another IF I could get it in “Ultrasonic Blue Mica”)
Back story, me and my brother BEAT on cars, and we come from a family that keeps cars for 10 years, we have had like 10 Toyotas in a row, and no matter how hard we beat on them, they last. That’s why we (I) originally decided Lexus ISF over M3 or C63 AMG.

Anyways, didn’t find an ISF, and for the same reasons as before, I decided not to go with a DeLorean or Supra. And we kind of wanted a 2 seater, or at least a 2 door.

Which led me to… The Nissan 370Z…
(Or a G37 coupe, I always liked the G35, and the G37 was a good looking car)
I went on the prowl for both, I had 15 days to find a car (they extended my rental time), I threw every other list/car out of the window and concentrated on these 2 cars.
After looking, I saw that if I wanted the G37 used it would either be much higher mileage, or much more expensive… (I know an ISF is MUCH more expensive, but for that car, no problem with throwing down an extra $20k, just didn’t find the right one)

So, 370Z it is:
( Click to show/hide )

I didn’t know much about it besides basic HP figures and such. I had the one test drive, thought it looked much better than the 350Z.
I knew I wanted/needed the sport package, and ALL I needed was a good deal and either from a dealer who could sell me an extended warranty, and/or it had to be under the 3 year/36k warranty, I didn’t care the color or year or much else…
I was driving back from Houston to Dallas after visiting the gf, and I called every dealershit on the way…

1st contender:
( Click to show/hide )
Even though it was 2012, Tom Peacock had THREE brand new 2010 Monterey Blue roadster 370Zs with sport touring… They were about $8k off, and I hadn’t even seen a MBlue 370, LOL, I said I’d look it up, (phone was lagging because I was on the phone) so I asked him to describe the shade… He hesitated and said… “Yeahhh… It’s Smurf Blue…” I DIED LAUGHING! And after looking into it, I said look, if I buy the car, and put ZERO miles on it, the KBB trade in is a little less than you’re selling it now. And if I put 1000 miles on it, it’s over $1500 less… So that was my turn off (also, sorry MBlue roadster owners, I thought it clashed too much and was kinda ugly)

2nd, not contender:
( Click to show/hide )
I called Grapevine Nissan and got another DUMB response… (a 2008 370Z with 14k miles, and it was $18k, LOL Most Stupid Thing Heard From a Nissan Dealer)

Hey look, I'm not the only hater:
DO NOT COME TO TEXAS NISSAN OF GRAPEVINE DEALERSHIP, read my story to find out why...

3rd contender (almost the one):
( Click to show/hide )
I find a private seller in Ohio, 2009, MBlue coupe, sport, touring, 9-10k miles, Stillen G3 intake and exhaust. Seller wanted $31,500, too high. He got down to $30,500, and I still couldn’t do it. I said $29k, and I’ll be on the first plane to Ohio, cash in hand. We couldn’t agree…

I found a few more, called my buddies back in Los Angeles where I bought the Maxima, called the guy I dealt with (he had left and gone back home to Louisiana). Couldn’t find the deal I wanted.

The final blow:
( Click to show/hide )
2 weeks before my rental was up, Friday, January 27th, I call Round Rock Nissan, 30 min north of Austin. They just posted a 2009 370Z, MBlue, 7AT, sport, touring, nav, 14k miles, and every other option.
$29,977, internet price $28,877.

Hmmmmmmm… We may have our winner…
( Click to show/hide )
I call, I get Jim Hangvall, I talk to him a bit, and he said that they just received the car (true because I know it wasn’t on the website the day before.) I ask him what’s the lowest they’d go. He says look, we can ONLY take off $400, $28,477, I asked if it was certified, and he said no because it’s still under warranty, and it wasn’t worth it to the dealer to put time and money into the car… He also said that they have two people that were supposed to come and look at/buy the car the next day…

Back story:
( Click to show/hide )
I’m Iranian, and the accent an Iranian makes when they speak English is VERY noticeable. So I asked if he was Iranian (in Farsi), and he then replied in Farsi, LOL. So I told him that look, my car was totaled, I have the money, I want the car, I can’t play BS games and I’m not a BS person…

In any case, it wasn’t a bad deal, KBB trade in was around $28,300.
I called back and said, look, you certify it for $28,477, give me two keys, and we have a deal, I’ll give you my credit card info right now for a $1000 deposit to hold the keys, and if when I come to check out the car it hasn’t been painted and such, I’ll pay the rest.
He called me back in 10 minutes and he said they can certify it. LOL!!!

AWESOME!!! I’ve got my car!!! I insisted that he take my CC info, and said I’ll be at the dealership at 11AM. He KINDA blew me off and didn’t really think I’d be there.

10:47AM, I was there, I could sense he was the guy I was looking for, and HE could sense the same too. So I walked up to him, and asked “Jim?” at the same time he asked “Amin?” (Iranian name). LOL!!!

And he was still shocked that I had come down, he even said, “I thought you were pulling my chain, I didn’t think you’d be here, AND EARLY!”
Back Story:
( Click to show/hide )
Iranians are KNOWN for being late, [African Americans have CPT, we have IPT/PPT/TPT {Iranian People Time/Persian People Time/Terrorist People Time}], hell, we even gave our country a it’s own HALF TIME ZONE to account for us being late!!!

I go and look over the car, “I’ll take it, where do we do the paperwork?” No test drive, no nothing. I did take the car on a drive after Jim insisted, it was sweet, no denying it.

MINOR buying issue:
( Click to show/hide )
I did also make mention of rear tires, because the camber wear was really bad. Him and the used manager come out and say look, the tread is great… On the outside… I get a tire gauge from one of the service guys, and with all of them standing there, I measure 6/32nds on the outside, and less than 2/32nds on the inside and ask the service guy, “Would YOU recommend new tires?” And inevitably he replied “yes.”

I meet the dreaded finance guy...:
( Click to show/hide )
I meet Jim Price (SUCH AN AMAZING GUY!!!)
I shoot the **** with him. I tell him that I am a no f*ck around, no BS guy, and even Jim Hangvall said, “Yes, I didn’t even expect him to come!”
Me and Price talk, we go over all the options, go smoke a cigarette, or two… or 4… or more... We figure everything out, but we don’t finish knowing that the tire thing is still up in the air, and the dealer needs a few days to certify the car.

My old friend/I WON:
( Click to show/hide )
I go back to Dallas, and I call on my old friend Charles at corporate, I ask if a car can be sold with those tires, and what are the minimum certification specs are for everything else.
He emails me a sheet for EVERYTHING, and tells me to call the dealer’s GM about the tires.
I called the GM, left a message, and the next day Jim Hangvall called me and asked what kind of tires I wanted, LMAO!!!

The following Friday, I was at the dealership, finished the paperwork, all that was left was to wait for the tires that were supposed to arrive Saturday and to bring my $11k down payment.

Pickup:
( Click to show/hide )
Saturday was the pickup day, tires were mounted, balanced, wheels aligned, brought my $11k cash, and I got my keys.
GODDAMN I WAS HAPPY!!!

Side story:
( Click to show/hide )
Man I must have looked like SUCH a JACK*SS on the pickup day... I was wearing a BLUE shirt with BLUE jeans, and BLUE shoes. LOL!!!

I was soooooo eager to drive back to Dallas with my new car in hand/under foot!!!
( Click to show/hide )

It was dark by the time everything was set, and I was so tired, (no sleep the night before due to excitement) that I wasn’t paying attention to speed really, I just noticed that the car was noisy… Then I noticed I was going 110MPH, and I noticed that the speedo was really small, LOL! (I slowed down)
Took a nice nap at a gas station where I received some thumbs up, and that made me even happier.
Drove home, it was a good day, and I didn't have to use my AK.

(I joined the forum, and modding began after a few months)
Got a Stillen G3, and a Stillen exhaust. Mods continued as well...

DFW 370Z group:
( Click to show/hide )
I went to a DFW 370Z meet, kept going, and kept meeting new people and becoming more comfortable with them.
They TRULY became my second family. They made Dallas my second home. Just had to make that shout out

My first problem(s) arise:
( Click to show/hide )
The first “problem” to arise was that my my door would rattle like a SOB. I also needed to go from Dallas to Houston AND Austin in a single weekend.
( Click to show/hide )
Houston for the gf, Austin for my new AR15, LOL.
Just need to figure out an order…
(This is where a good dealership means a lot)
I call ***, tell him that I’m coming down to get the door checked out, and I need a rental car for a day to go to Austin to buy a gun. NOOOOOooo problem. I drive down, pick up the GF, drop my car off, drive to Austin, buy my gun, drive back, car has an extra 500 miles and he wonders where the HELL I went, and he thought I was joking about the AR15, him and the service manager check it out, LOL
They say my car would be ready the next day because they ordered a new door panel.

Next Problem:
( Click to show/hide )
Gas gauge wouldn’t show full… Call *** again, tell him what’s up, he tells me to bring him In N Out from Dallas, which I did, LOL.
They say the last LED is burnt out, and they have to special order a cluster with the correct mileage, LOL

10 days later, my car was ready, and over 1500 miles on their loaner, I had my car back with a working gas gauge, LOL

No problems for a while, but I decide to move back to CA on a whim because my grandparents are getting too old and I felt I need to be with them…

Last edited by DEpointfive0; 03-24-2013 at 03:15 PM.
DEpointfive0 is offline   Reply With Quote