View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Mitco39
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370z
Mitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks man, I have spent probably 5-6 hours going through it between last night and this morning.

What I realized this morning is the back of the (J/B) has the relays on it. So what I am going to do when I get home from work is pull the #4 fuse and make sure that when the ignition is on I have power to that fuse slot. If I dont I will try and trace it to a relay within that box by testing continuity between that fuse slot and the corresponding relay pin. If that checks out then I will make sure that the relay is getting power from what I would assume is the ignition switch.

If there is no power to turn on the relay then I am leaning towards a faulty ignition switch, however I see no way of how even directly shorting out the gauge wires would make its way back past the relay, the two circuits are not connected. There is a diagram showing an Accessory relay on the back side of this panel, but one would think that this would control much more than just the one fuse.

The power for the fuses do come from the IPDM as you figured, but I do know that there is power at this panel, everything else works but this one circuit. Its almost like something let go inside of this (J/B) between Pin 12C and the relay its connected to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fuse.jpg (235.6 KB, 36 views)
My Build --> http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...39s-build.html
Mitco39 is offline   Reply With Quote