View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mitco39
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370z
Mitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gauge Cluster does not turn on!?

I had planned to go for a test drive once I got my gauges powered up. On a DYI for a triple gauge pod the guy used the stock triple gauge power source to run his gauges. So I naturally decided to do the same thing and wired up my PLX gauges to this power source which stopped working after about 30 seconds of the gauges being on. Turns out the draw was to much for the stock wiring, but no big deal ill just swap out a fuse and figure something else out right?

Not so easy, there was no blown fuse anywhere. I am going to assume that the stock fuse was oversized to much for what I assume must be the BCM. Now the ACC wire that ran to the Combination Meter (Nissans name for the gauge cluster) is dead. I traced it all the way down to the fuse block on the drivers side but am at a loss as to how the wires are laid out within this fuse block. It appears that the BCM is not sending the signal to turn on the dash because I am thinking the draw fried that circuit. What I did try is I manually jumpered the ACC wire and everything fired up and worked just fine, no codes or any issues. Here is a pic of what I did.

I would like to figure out if it is possible to fix this short of replacing the BCM. If I could figure out where to go from here I would like to trace it right back to the BCM. Worst case ill just wire in that ACC wire in the fuse block and add another fuse for it. It was not a fun night.

Anyone have any suggestions? I would strongly recommend not using that power source for your gauges, boost controllers, ect. At the very least use the acc with a relay to keep the draw down.
My Build --> http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...39s-build.html
Mitco39 is offline   Reply With Quote