View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #65 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37sHKS View Post
Im not sure why you guys are hating, but OP's friend is absolutely right.

If you think this 30 whp gain for 5000 is not a waste then you should ride an EVO or STI to show you what they can do with 5000.

Im speaking from experience, I went from full bolts on with tune except headers all the way to turbo on same car G37 Coupe. I went with TT because I felt nothing.. no harder pulls no neck breaker no nothing!!

"IF" I wanna stay NA, I would sell my intakes and test pipe and go back to stock just leaving aftermarket exhaust and not because of gains but because of sound.

Honda guys would probably say, shyte....$5000!?, my civic cost haf dat!

In all seriousness, it honestly doesn't matter if you mod or stay stock as long as it makes you happy and can afford it. I've seen people spend $30k in mods and were really happy with thier cars but were flat out broke and miserable.

If you can swing $3k in mods for around 30whp gains, it's not really a "waste" comparing $1/hp on more serious mods like forced induction. It's just more rewarding & responsive on certain cars. A rwd two-door, two-seater isn't exactly the most practical thing to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubs234 View Post
He dirves a 2011 subaru wrx with a bunch of mods him self lol!
He has COBB tune and COBB intake and turbo heat shield and SPT quad exhaust and he has rota gird replica of volk te37 and he has STI sway bars
OP, I think your friend is a bit jelly cause his car is ugly.....it's an awesome performance car, but come on....the last thing on my mind when someone mentions a subby is a sexy looking car.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote