View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #109 (permalink)
dansracing
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370 Nismo
dansracing is on a distinguished road

Wow, in reading this entire thread, it seems more like a personality bash than real information. I just had a Stillen SC installed on my 2012 Nismo. I am more than happy with it and so far have had no issues what so ever.
In all of my research I have found a few consistencies in both kits. In almost every case neither make enough power to please the power seekers. You always want more. Both kits have had some issues. In the end, most will try to lead you to a TT solution. There you can get as much power as you can handle. And then those people even have problems because they over power the car and that leads to many other issues.

Here is my bottom line. No matter which kit you go with, the person installing it, and the person tuning it will ultimately be the maker or breaker of your experience. I say (to myself) that 90% of the problems that people report are results from bad installations and tunes. With my stillen, I went strictly with a custom tune and didn't even look at the Stillen one. I went with a top notch installer who has done many of them and has deep race car experience. My result is a good one.

Second bottom line is, I am pleased with the 415WHP that I have. I don't want the car boosted to oblivion. I believe the factory block can only handle so much and I am keeping it in a safe range with good power, fun, lots of smiles, and most of all reliability.

415 WHP is not a great deal over stock, but it is about an extra 100WHP on average. The car does not get crazy when you stomp it. It don't slam you back in the seat. You don't loose control with VDC off.
Its just good pep and a smooth liner power punch and most of it is over 5500 rpm. You will never feel the stillen until your up in the RPM's but its good when your there.

So in a nut shell. Make sure your expectations are in line, and make sure you have a damn good installer and tuner or you will be complaining about one or the other, just like the others.