View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #106 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

So I started a thread discussing my concern for my exhaust in the FI section. I just wanted to add it in here so I can find it easier in the future.

2.75" vs 3" pipe on supercharged vehicles.

Basically, with my car being a Y pipe design and the most restrictive point is 2.75" pipe just after the HFC, I'm worried it's going to really hinder things. So if things don't go well, I may have to remove my beloved Frankenstein exhaust and sell it. PPE's are staying regardless.

Also in an attempt to save some money for more important things in life, I most likely will hold off on rims and just powdercoat my Rays in a Polished Gunmetal, then mount the 265/35/19 and 305/30/19 tires on them. I know they fit, but idk how it will look. I was looking at custom powdercoated M310's with TPMS and RE-11's shipped to my door for a good deal, so it's a hard choice. I'm saving about $1,000 if I use my Rays. And I have a hard time parting with them to recoup money.

Instead of going for coilovers, I'll most likely just get Tanabe GF210's. They provide a 1" drop and I can buy some Nismo struts in the future for an inexpensive upgrade. I'm not a track rat and as much as I want coils, my wallet is getting raped trying to do a lot of things this year.

I also have my eyes set on Motordyne sways. I want to try them out and should help tighten things up.

I also must hold off on the OSG diff I really want, again because it's not cheap and can't properly use it enough to justify at this time, maybe down the road.

I'll also most likely pick up Stillen's brake cooling kit just to keep things safe.

If I have to double down and buy another exhaust, I'll still be able to afford these. Big thing is I want to pay off my car before I get home and I owe $25k on it. I still need to get new counter tops, landscape the back yard, and get more furniture too. New daily driver may have to wait till next tax season. If there is extra cash, it's going into paying off the Wife's car early... The cars alone would be a $1,000 per month savings.

Last edited by SS_Firehawk; 03-05-2013 at 09:23 PM.
SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote