View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 03:37 AM   #37 (permalink)
chrischhorn
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Juke Nismo RS
chrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shika805 View Post
Ok so another fail with with the demon bolt. I didn't try the torch or dremel because I wanted to try with out and i was running out of day light. The bolt extractors gave me a really good bite on the bolt but the bolt extractor began to get dull and it started slipping.

I think I'm gonna have to give up on this and take it to a muffler shop to work on this bolt.

Here are a couple pics of what I did this afternoon.

You can see the bolt now is pretty stripped.

I took off the pasenger intake to gain more access, didn't do much.

I know some people are unclear about what bolt it is. It can be any of the 3 on each cat. My demon bolt is the top corner, most difficult to access.
On mine 2 of my 3 bolts on each cat is on the top. All 4 of them had to be broken off. None of them came off clean. I still have yet to dremel them out of my cats lol. Don't take your car to a big name manifold shop, going to have to go to a small muffler shop. Bigger shops cant touch anything emissions related. Especially if your HFC's say "Off-Road Use Only". I have a feeling a cut cat is in your near future unless you drop the motor and torch that bastard out.

R.I.P. 8/01/13 1SlowZ
One day I'll have another....
chrischhorn is offline   Reply With Quote