View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #35 (permalink)
clintfocus
Track Member

Drives: 370z, EK Civic, F150
clintfocus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffydog View Post
For the front, is it pushing the limit of not clearing the brakes or pushing the limit of hitting the fender liner during compression or at full turn? So no spacers could help the front in this case?

Thanks for all the help!
pushing the limits when it comes to fender and fender liner, Both the PF01 and NT03 have no issues clearing the sport brakes. yeah you want the offset up front between et28 and et30 for 18x10.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischhorn View Post
Probably clearing the fender liner. Clearing the brakes is all up to the wheel design. I had a friend who was running 10.5 wide on front of his G37 Sedan. +45 offset would not clear his Akebonos AND stuck out of the fenders. He had no choice but to use a spacer to clear the brakes which pushed it even farther out of the fender.
+45 prolly didnt clear the suspension arm either

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffydog View Post
thanks for clarifying.

man, this sucks....unfortunately rims are not something I can go buy and easily return if it doesn't fit.

This set for me will be dedicated track wheels so I hope to find something in the 21-22lb Max range.

I'm not sure if I neccessary have to have 285 all around on a 10.5 width.

Perhaps I could go Stagger again with 18x9.5 and 18x10.5 like a lot of people are doing.
If i'm lucky I could do 18x10 and 18x10.5

just wondering why your so hesitant to run 10.5/285 sqaure? id eevn run 9.5 sqaure long berfore stagger. makes tire selection easier and FR cars tend to do well on sqaure setup. i tested 9.5/10. 275/295 before and rears were having trouble coming up to temp, and the fronts could use more heat capacity, thats why i went 10.5/285 all around. Martin has done the same and loves it. the termal behavior of those sizes for the tires is great
clintfocus is offline   Reply With Quote