View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #75 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Yeah but Camaro sales see increases... I think Fords overall styling works against them as well as having the Live axle. I think people are just demanding more for their money. Camaro offers more overall interior comfort. (Those seats are amazing) More confident steering and a sport like seat position with caddy like comfort. While mustang has a comfy seat option. comfort is standard on a camaro. Camaro also has a lot of standard creature comforts.
The mustang performance is more pure but the vast market is looking for a combo sport/ comfort car. The camaro fits that mold much better and just feels good when driving daily by comparison.
I think the next gen will be more z like in terms of a lot of power matched on amazing handling. That will help the stang, but with the ATS chassis being the main candidate for the next gen camaro. It will be a tight race. Either way. I think mustang sales will increase next gen. This gen body style is just worn to shyt.
The Camaro sales are beating the Mustang, but totals show an overall decrease from 2011 to 2013 for the Camaro also. It's some 3,800 units less. That's about a third of 370z sales in 2012. I actually like the Mustang's styling over the Camaro. Both cars need a huge re-design though. The Camaro's styling, although hadn't entered production until 2010, dates back to 2006 in a concept form. That's a lot of years of seeing the same design. I'm curious to see what Chevy has planned for the next gen Camaro after seeing the new Stingray.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote