View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #74 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
I agree with you somewhat, but the sales figures of the Mustang has been on the decline overall....even after the refresh. People just aren't buying as many sports cars/muscle cars as they use to in the early 2000's. Stangs are still outselling the Z by a huge margin, but overall, it's been on a decline. Ford knows this. It's why rumors of a the next Mustang becoming more of a sports car instead of muscle car are likely. I love muscle cars & anything fast, but let's face it, the majority of the planet are satisfied driving a Camry or Civic.

Heck, 'Murica's love for muscle cars isn't even a comparison to what they really love. The bread and butter for the big three and the very reason they are still around after making lackluster cars for so many years......Big *** Trucks! Ford sold 645,316 F-Series trucks last year vs 82,995 for the 'stang.

I guess my point is, it's a niche market begin with and you can find faults in every car if you look hard enough. You'd have to be a complete fool to believe every word in the brochure. If every word were true, there would be no aftermarket & we wouldn't need to modify anything. It's not an excuse or in defense of Nissan, Ford or any other company, just realities of producing a car that has to apeal to millions, each having very specific wants and needs. The next Z should be better and learn from current owners, but that doesn't mean Nissan is going to listen to a few enthusiast. Here's to hoping that they do.
Yeah but Camaro sales see increases... I think Fords overall styling works against them as well as having the Live axle. I think people are just demanding more for their money. Camaro offers more overall interior comfort. (Those seats are amazing) More confident steering and a sport like seat position with caddy like comfort. While mustang has a comfy seat option. comfort is standard on a camaro. Camaro also has a lot of standard creature comforts.
The mustang performance is more pure but the vast market is looking for a combo sport/ comfort car. The camaro fits that mold much better and just feels good when driving daily by comparison.
I think the next gen will be more z like in terms of a lot of power matched on amazing handling. That will help the stang, but with the ATS chassis being the main candidate for the next gen camaro. It will be a tight race. Either way. I think mustang sales will increase next gen. This gen body style is just worn to shyt.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote