View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 08:23 AM   #73 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
Crazy how other cars in its price range sell like crazy, huh? I mean, mustang sales and all. The new 5.0 with Track Pack is all the rage. If Nissan makes a car that compete, maybe it will sell too. Of course the fat whore doesn't make as much money as the hot one. Nissan needs to get it in shape and maybe she can bring home some money.
I agree with you somewhat, but the sales figures of the Mustang has been on the decline overall....even after the refresh. People just aren't buying as many sports cars/muscle cars as they use to in the early 2000's. Stangs are still outselling the Z by a huge margin, but overall, it's been on a decline. Ford knows this. It's why rumors of a the next Mustang becoming more of a sports car instead of muscle car are likely. I love muscle cars & anything fast, but let's face it, the majority of the planet are satisfied driving a Camry or Civic.

Heck, 'Murica's love for muscle cars isn't even a comparison to what they really love. The bread and butter for the big three and the very reason they are still around after making lackluster cars for so many years......Big *** Trucks! Ford sold 645,316 F-Series trucks last year vs 82,995 for the 'stang.

I guess my point is, it's a niche market begin with and you can find faults in every car if you look hard enough. You'd have to be a complete fool to believe every word in the brochure. If every word were true, there would be no aftermarket & we wouldn't need to modify anything. It's not an excuse or in defense of Nissan, Ford or any other company, just realities of producing a car that has to apeal to millions, each having very specific wants and needs. The next Z should be better and learn from current owners, but that doesn't mean Nissan is going to listen to a few enthusiast. Here's to hoping that they do.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote