View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #161 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
My subaru was fine (and I think most are)...it's more of a sound/feel issue with them.

The WRX runs closer to 25K (usually under), so it gets away with it in my mind...

At the end of the day, it's very expensive to build cars in Japan, and frankly Japan itself is poorly situated for the JIT manufacturing they love.

There's a reason Honda/Nissan/etc are building plants in the US--costs are much lower when you are located close to your supply chain and don't have to ship your product across the ocean. Because of this you'll either see a premium on Japan-built cars (like with the S2000), or you'll see corners cut somewhere.
I'd rather pay for it, or not have it at all. Sell me the good ****, or don't pretend you have it.

Anyway, fool me once...not again.

Rotors were turned, dealership admitted they were warped and that the pads showed no signs of abuse. Car brakes smoothly again, for now. I will invest in good rotors and pads for the next time this happens.

At least my car has some damn nice tires, now. I love the PSS!
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote