View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #44 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree that bad customers don't help, but, from where I sit, the biggest problem is the adversarial nature of buying/selling cars. Instead of having a set, take-it-or-leave-it price, you are forced to haggle. The salesperson naturally wants to make as much as possible; some are more devious than others to attain that goal.

I don't know what the solution is, the higher the price of an item, the more room there is for differences in prices, so it becomes a haggling game. And set pricing didn't seem to work for that car company I can't even remember the name of now.

I don't mind a salesperson trying to upsell - that's their job. It's when they start lying that I get pissed and walk off. Luckily, there are some honest ones out there. When you find one, make sure you return the favor and treat them right.