View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 04:13 PM   #53 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
I'm really worried brother... I want more than anything for the Z to be a huge competitor in the next gen market. We never addressed the things we should've and what we did address it took too long.

That said. I don't see this current Z as a complete disaster and for whatever reason the American media felt they needed to? I think the Z's shortcomings are over-exaggerated. BUT, we need a formula that has to be bulletproof.

1. Much lighter weight (2800-3000lb range through alum &CF usage expansion)
2. An automatic transmission that can hold up to 500rwhp
3. A smoother short shifting manual.
4. Maintain or improve the 1g/1.01g of grip we currently have
5. Universal brake cooling for all models
6. A body design that can support over 180mph top speeds w/o body kit.
7. A simplified yet very high quality interior.
8. Squeeze an extra foot of trunk space
9. Look at michelin PSS as standard sport tires.
10. Maintain sport pkg width on tires and continue Rays wheel support.
11. Akebono needs to improve on weight reduction and ventilation on the next sport brake.
12. Use high torque F.I. Motor
13. Keep prices as reasonable as possible.

Stay away from

1. electric steering.
2. electric handbrakes
3. Too much digital shyt
4.Adding a clock in the triple gauge cluster
What you are describing is a corvette. And all that will turn into the price of a Corvette. Electric power steering is already on the vehicle. And They have no reason to make another transmission that can hold 500whp that what is on the GTR. Manufacturers build to a requirement and there is no incentive to use the expensive parts needed to upgrade their 7sp to hold that kind of power. In reality, it's torque that breaks things, not horsepower.

The FM platform is made of steel, it's the main reason Z's weigh 32-3300lbs. Switch that to aluminum and weight will go down, but expect prices to jump. Lightweight cars don't need a lot of torque. If weight is dropping to your 2800-3000 lbs, 300lbft would feel like a lot. I do agree that the Z would be better on different tires. PSS's, Re11's AD08's, a serious track tire if it's a SP or Nismo. I don't think a base model would need all the extra track cooling things you want, but I can def see it on sport and Nismo models.

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote