View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
Ford has the resources and has had this stuff in place for a long time. Nissan has been very laissez-faire about supporting their performance divisions. Though it seems like they are trying to step it up now.

And like IC said, Ford can afford it.
Ford pulled their head from their arse sometime after I stopped working for a Ford dealer in 2005, and actually got things rolling. They began trimming weight, developing exponentially better drivelines vs. "minor revisions" and stealing technology from one line to "kinda sorta" adapt into the other (3V heads from the 5.4L trucks evolved onto a 4.6L engine and shoved into the mustang, what crap!).

Ford is being run RIGHT, and it shows. I cannot wait for the 2015 mustang GT. I am probably going to trade my Z for the 2016 model (I just have a "thing" about first year-model ground-up new platforms).

Anyway, Ford is still recovering from the BS of their last administration. Wait until they unveil replacements for their line in the mid and latter part of this decade when they have had a chance to re-do them from the ground-up. Look at how much they accomplished in 2010 and then 2011 with the mustang!? Still using the same chassis, even. They are going to sweep the floor in their market segment.