View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #148 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
Because resurfacing a rotor is cheaper than replacing pads and rotors! Also do you trust every BS the dealership feed you? They once told me my trailer hitch was the reason why my TPMS lit up and why I have fuel starvation. As someone else noted, the quiet pads Nissan put on the car makes it easy to leave deposits behind.

Maybe it's me, I see more steering lock failures than rotor replacement/resurface threads.

Sorry we are not responsible for your bad luck.

Also judging by the resale value of Japanese vehicles and American vehicles, I would say most don't agree with you that American cars hold up better.
Probably has something to do with the fact that America can produce tens of thousands of mustangs a year and Japan can only crap out 5,000 370's or so. You will also note that the current mustang gt's are more reliable cars than the current 370Z according to every survey you can find. I'm finding that to be the case, myself. None of my friends with 5.0 GT's have had issues, and some of them are quite spirited with the cars.

No, you're not responsible, but I'm not going to jerk the car off like the rest of you just because I drive one. I'll call it for what it is--shoddy engineering with a pretty wrapper.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 02-26-2013 at 09:52 PM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote