Thread: 6MT with 3.53s?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #32 (permalink)
Mr.Squeeze
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z
Mr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixlimited View Post
That's good to hear. I totally agree regarding the better match of long gears with FI, particularly turbos. On my last turbo car, the short gearing was my #1 complaint. We should try to make a spreadsheet just to see what the effect is. My guess is that it is not that significant if you aren't having serious issues.

Where did you source your final drive gears?
I still think even with the 3.3 the lower gears are still to short 1-2, I however do love 3-4 gear now.

I got the whole differential from a local junk yard for $200. I plan on getting another one from them just rebuild and put a good LSD in it.

If you cant find any at a local junk yard look on Ebay.