View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #163 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strojny View Post
I just ordered a tanabe medallion CBE. I am looking at y pipes and HFC's now. I have been watching clips and doing searches to try to narrow things down. I am trying to get some info on resonators now. Would FI resonated HFC's with a Motordyne resonated XYZ pipe be overkill to eliminate rasp? I want to free up the airflow, but stay on the more subtle side of the db meter.
If you are going to go HFC's, I recommend doing it at the Y pipe. It's 3" and only 200 cell. It's farther back so it will last forever, even under FI. I would go with a resonated test pipe of some sort with the combination though to keep rasp from showing up. I'm partial to Motordyne's ART pipes. They cost some coin though compared to others. Might as well keep it in the family. If you go that route, I've gotten good deals from B2Autodesign ordering Motordyne stuff.

I run PPE headers and XYZ Y pipe with my car and currently have the HFC. There is noticeably more rasp when cold than warm. When I installed the Motordyne M370 intake manifold, the rasp was gone except when the exhaust was cold which is common. I do have a resonator I purchased that I plan to do sound and dyno tests with when I get home in August.

You can go to the exhaust videos and I just posted mine a few days ago, I also have them in my journal, just click the link in my sig. It will get you a basic idea of what it will sound like. PPE's bring a slightly higher pitch, so yours will most likely be lower.

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote