View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #508 (permalink)
TerribleONE
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: WOT
TerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Firehawk View Post
Pretty F'n awesome.
Looking back, this is building more power at 2000-2500 than NA cars, there is no spike in boost, it just ramps up progressively. The tuning is on point. Happy to see dyno's of turbo cars that start at 2k instead of 3000-3500, doesn't sound like a big deal, but the first couple thousand rpm is where we start every time we take off from a stop. Ever drive a 4 banger with a big turbo? It would be out run by a minivan until it starts building boost... 5000rpm later. Can't wait to see what it does on 3"
I will pass on your kind words to Sebastian @ Specialty Z. I also was beyond pleased to see how fast we are able to build boost, even with a SAFE tune. We are working on drilling out the FPR (fuel pressure regulator) right now, once we have this 100% buttoned down (we are moving in the right direction) we will switch to the 3" turbo back exhaust We should have 3" #s sometime today. And I know exactly what you mean with the 4bangers. Having driven many modified Evo/STI's and I felt like I spent more time waiting for the turbo to spool then being in boost.