View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #86 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDepp View Post

I believe you are mistaken. Toe and heel is nothing like left foot braking. Toe and heel is all right foot on both the brake and accelerator, left on the clutch. It's a method of double declutch shifting while using all three pedals at once.

Luckily, you have a Nismo that already accomplishes what toe and heel works to perform: 'blipping' the accelerator while decreasing speed to downshift and match the speed to your gear for coming our of a corner.
I not saying its totally the same, but the whole deal is about coordination and control. The design or placement of the pedal are done because most people are right handed and have little or no coordination with their left hand or foot. It all goes back to left handed equals sinister or wrong! However, if you grow up knowing only how to left foot brake you would not know that it was "wrong."

So if you can't dribble a basket ball with your left hand, switch hit or are otherwise ambidextrous it probably not a smart move. I played college baseball with a guy that pitched both games in double header, one right handed and the other left and won both of them to get his team to the 5A CIF championship So Cal. I doubt that he would have a problem left foot braking!
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote