View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #989 (permalink)
happytheman
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: MB 6M Tour/Sport Z34
happytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaZ View Post
Question for you guys with all-knowing computer skillZ:
My computer recently installed a Windows update (I have 7 Ultimate with SP2) and one of my external hard drives is no longer a "My Book", but shows up as a "Local Disk" that I can't access without formatting it.
Is there a way around this? I don't want to reformat it and lose all the data that's on there. It worked just fine last night.
I've read some articles about this problem online, but I'm not getting the gist of what's being said on the various forums.

I ken haz help pleez?
Do you have another PC or laptop you can hook it up to? This will eliminate the machine you suspect as being "at fault".

It's possible your external drive is faulty.
https://facebook.com/CentralFloridaZClub