View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #639 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xtreme1 View Post
Good thread! I was looking at it due to hearing lots about the issue. I have an 11' and thought I was in the clear. Apparently some 11's might have it. But after some research and looking the the steering wheel column looks like I might be okay?
On vin built date says 2/11 and under the steering lock the serial number is 48700 JF00D B1 01 . so looks like I will be okay right? lol .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highsider9 View Post
Nope. Rev. D might be the most reliable lock, but you're still far from safe. I would still consider pulling the Fuse just to be on the safe side.
i haven't taken apart a revC and revD so i can't say for sure if the RevD is the sound solution or not.

i think best way is to disable it by fritz's brown wire cut, or baer's fuse pull before anything happens. that will for sure (from wat's been reported so far) completely eliminate the possiblity of a steering lock failure.

before one does anything BE SURE to read the instructions on how to do the above trick. the car MUST be in ACC (or ON) when the operation is done. gl!
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote