View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #404 (permalink)
Scribe
Base Member

Drives: Touring-Sport-Manual
Scribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
i was more or less showing curiosity in what these snails can produce when they are turned up a bit and with the 3" exhaust added. i understand the marketing lingo with differences from company to company.

I apologize for expanding my original response while you were typing.

To answer your question then, the GT28RS has done well in single, small displacement setups (1.8-2.2L setups putting down 330whp). Thinking of the 370Z as two 1.85L 3 cylinder engines, you could roughly project that you could get much more out of two GT28RS. There are other factors to consider that would prevent you from cranking up the boost and maxing out these turbos.

That said, these turbos are probably the best match for the 370Z engine without diving into the internals of the VQ37. You don't need a bigger turbo because you can't up the boost (compression too high) and you can't make more power (connecting rods).

Last edited by Scribe; 02-12-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote