View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 01:55 PM   #133 (permalink)
Throttle
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z / 97 240SX
Throttle is on a distinguished road
Default Wrong crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
Agreed.
I don't think any forced-induction setup on the 370Z will be worthwhile unless it will make at least 450 RWHP. Factor in the cost of parts/installation, supporting-mods, constant headache of what part will break next or tuning issues, powertrain warranty going out the door, etc...anything less, and you might as well stick with basic bolt-ons.
My horsepower is bigger than yours!

Seriously, everyone that is waiting for the STILLEN SC kit to come out knows that the max horsepower gains are not going to be as high as a well done TT kit. Most of us don't want the headache of parts breaking, turbo timers, turbo lag in daily around town driving etc. What we do want is some more punch in our daily driver that comes in a well put together and thought out system.

I will give you guys this - from your angle, you are correct. The M62 is undersized and the M90 is questionable and does have heat problems when you start trying to push it. But if you are looking for some major gains, you should already know that this motor will do better with TTs than an SC so its a point that does not need to be brought up or argued.
*Beats the dead horse*

I've had both cars with SCs and TTs and for a daily driver, I prefer a SC. Heck I have an automatic trans (that is really damn cool btw) - OMG its a sports car crime! This is not, nor will ever be my super OMG ITS FAST LOOK AT ME! horsepower war platform and if you picked this as yours... you have already lost the game. So my friends, take your horsepower egos somewhere else and stop cluttering up this thread.

~Throttle
Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote